What is the prohibition entry to Turkey?
The prohibition on entry to Turkey is implemented within the scope of Article 9 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection, in case of violation of the legal period of stay (in case of exceeding the Residence Permit, Work Permit, Visa Period of Visa Exemption period).
In addition to this situation, the General Directorate of Migration Management may prohibit entry of foreigners who are outside of Turkey, but which it deems objectionable in terms of public order, public security, or public health, if deemed necessary.
Although they have exceeded the legally allowed period, the Entry Ban to Turkey is not applied in cases where the following conditions are met:
- Foreigners who want to leave the border gates voluntarily even though they have exceeded the allowed period for up to 3 months and pay the administrative fines that have been imposed on them.
- Foreigners who have violated the day for up to 3 months, for whom a deportation decision has been made, and who pay the administrative fines by going to the border gates to exit within this period.
Foreigners who have exceeded the time limit for more than 3 months and who go to the border gates to leave the country voluntarily and pay the administrative fines are subject to an entry ban between 1 month and 5 years. These ban times are as follows:
- In case of overtime between 3 months and 6 months: 1-month entry ban
- In case of expiration between 6 months and 1 year: 3 months entry ban
- In case of expiration between 1 Year and 2 Years: 1-year entry ban
- In case of 2 Years – 3 years: 2 years entry ban
- In case of over 3 years: 5 years entry ban
People outside the Republic of Turkey who have been given an entry ban decision because they may pose a threat to public order or public security or public health are notified by the authorized institution at the border gates when they arrive to enter Turkey.
The decision to prohibition entry to Turkey for people deported from the Republic of Turkey is notified to these people by the governorates.
Inquiring of prohibition of entry to Turkey
You can learn about inquiring procedures of entry prohibition to Turkey border gates or Turkish embassies or consulates in your country. In the notification regarding the subject, the person who is banned from entering Turkey is explained how to appeal the decision and other rights and responsibilities regarding the subject.