Thanks to the newly launched foreign investor program, Turkish Citizenship is granted to foreigners who invest $ 250,000 in real estate in Turkey, or to foreigners who have established/bought a company with a capital of $ 500,000, or to foreigners who do not touch $ 500,000 state investment vehicles or state banks operating in Turkey for three years.
Foreign nationals who don’t work in Turkey will invest in the scope and amounts determined according to the Presidential decision, and their spouses and children under the age of 18 can exceptionally gain Turkish Citizenship.
Can more than one real estate be purchased to reach the limit of 250,000 USD?
More than one real estate can be purchased with a total value of at least 250,000 USD. However, all applications must be made at the same time. The Ministry accepts citizenship an application if the sum of the values declared to the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre is over USD 250,000.
What are the legal restrictions for foreigners in purchasing real estate?
- A foreign national natural person can purchase a maximum of 30 hectares of immovable property throughout the country and acquire limited in rem rights.
- Whether the immovable property is outside the military prohibition and security zones should be asked by the Land Registry Office to the competent command. A positive answer is required for acquisition. This procedure has been abolished in 71 provinces where military prohibition and security zones have been measured.
- Foreign national real persons can acquire real estate and limited rights in rem up to 10% of the area of the district subject to private ownership.
- Acquired in violation of the provisions of the law; Determined by the relevant Ministry and administrations to be used contrary to the purpose of acquisition; In case of procurement on project condition, the relevant Ministry is not applied within the time period or the projects are not realized within the time; immovables are subject to liquidation provisions.
Information about the program
- The time required for all investments is 3 years.
- After 3 years, you can become a Turkish citizen provided that you can get back all your investments with legal income.
- After the required time has elapsed and Turkish citizenship has been granted, you can sell your real estate.
- The applicant’s spouse and children under the age of 18 will also be granted Turkish Citizenship.
- You do not have to live in Turkey to participate in the program.
- Your Turkish Citizenship will remain throughout your life and your children will be born as Turkish Citizens.
- You can keep other citizenships along with your Turkish Citizenship.