I want to apply for Turkish Citizenship. Where do I have to apply?
Applications are made to the governorship where the settlement is located in the country (provincial directorate of population and citizenship), and to foreign representative offices abroad, in person, or with a special power of attorney for the exercise of this right. Applications made by mail are not accepted.
What should be done for young children during the application to acquire Turkish Citizenship?
If young children, whose citizenship status is examined depending on their parents, become of age before the citizenship procedures are finalized, the application authorities should be informed and a citizenship file should be prepared in their name.
My application to acquire Turkish Citizenship was rejected. Can I re-apply?
It is possible to re-evaluate your citizenship status if you apply to the governorship of your place of residence if you meet the conditions required in the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901.
What are the investment conditions required for the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship through investment?
- To make a fixed capital investment of at least 500,000 USD or its equivalent in foreign currency or equivalent in Turkish Lira,
- Buying immovable at least 250,000 USD or equivalent in foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira and having an annotation not to be sold for three years in the land registry records
- To create employment for at least 50 people,
- Committing to deposit at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish Lira deposits to banks operating in Turkey and keep them for three years,
- To commit to purchase government debt instruments worth at least USD 500,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira and keep it for three years,
Informing about the finalization of citizenship applications
Citizenship applications of foreigners are evaluated by the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs; the decision regarding the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship by people who do not have any obstacle in terms of national security and public order is submitted to the approval of the President. The final decision is made by the President.